Located in Downtown Rock Island, with an outreach office at Rock Island High School, the Quad Cities YWCA has spent the last one hundred years working to build strong communities that eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, and dignity for all. In our child care services, the YWCA provides a foundation for children that can’t be found anywhere else. In addition to environment that is loving, safe and caring, children are active in our gym throughout the year. We also offer swimming lessons as part of our child care. If you are interested in a tour, please contact us!
We are currently enrolling in our Infant, Toddler, Two-Year Old, and School Age classrooms. Please call the YWCA for the most current availability, as this is subject to change.
- Save the date for the 2nd RACE AGAINST RACISM - April 18th, 2020April 18, 2020
- Chief Executive OfficerJulie, a graduate of Krannert School of Management at Purdue University and St
- Associate DirectorJen assists the CEO with the day-to-day operations of the YWCA QUAD CITIES
- Child Care Program DirectorTomi is the Director of Child Care and has been employed at the YWCA QUAD CITIES
- Vice President of Development & GrowthDeanna serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic
The YWCA-QC works tirelessly to promote a sexism and racism free culture. Their volunteers and partners provide invaluable educational support/services and lead countless racial justice conversations in our community
The YWCA-QC Childcare Center curriculum maps include pre-kindergarten competencies that parallel ISBE Learning Standards and goals developed by the Illinois Counseling Association in cooperation with Illinois State Board of Education.
The YWCA-QC provides much needed fitness and wellness programming for all with their scholarship program and affordable memberships.
Through the programs currently offered at the YWCA-QC, approximately 300 families (annually) receive services and assistance to allow them to navigate the barriers to self-sufficiency necessary to get back in line with their peers and within the community (i.e., financial literacy).
HELP US CREATE BETTER FUTURES. VOLUNTEER WITH THE YWCA TODAY