Champions of Change Awards
January 20, 2022 @ 11:30 am
CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE AWARDS
To honor extraordinary leaders and mentors in the Quad Cities, YWCA Quad Cities and the YES SHE CAN Series will host the first annual CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE Awards on January 20, 2022. Community members are encouraged to submit nominations for the awards. This award program was created to specifically celebrate those who mentor and empower women in the Quad Cities. It is vital for individuals that are stepping up beside women in building a better and more gender equal community to be recognized. CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE are individuals who are willing to step up, work together, listen, learn and lead with action. By honoring them, we hope to encourage others to take notice of their leadership and positive impact.
Awards will be given to two individuals in the Quad Cities – one female and one male – who:
· demonstrate an unwavering passion and commitment to our community
· are role models making a difference in the lives of others, specifically women in leadership through exhibiting an exceptional commitment to their success
· have made significant contributions that have inspired women to succeed
· utilizes his/her influence, talents and abilities to enhance gender diversity
· have made the Quad Cities a better place to live, work, and play
All nominees will go through a selection process and the top 3 male and female finalists will be chosen by a hand-selected committee of community leaders. Those finalists are then tasked with writing an essay, which will be used in the final selection process of the MALE and FEMALE CHAMPION OF CHANGE. Award winners will be announced at a luncheon event scheduled for January 20, 2022 and will be held at Waterfront Convention Center in Bettendorf.